Please consider signing a petition to get me a moment with Congress

hand-signing-paper

Dear Blog Followers,

A few of you have taken the time to create a petition to have me speak with members of the U.S. Congress about the small and simple steps required to advance live-attenuated HSV-1 and HSV-2 vaccines to clinical trials in the U.S.  Scientifically, what needs to be done is quite simple and easily doable for less than what the National Institutes of Health typically invests in a single R01 grant.

So, the question is, “Why are we not acting upon this potentially life-saving technology?”  I think the real answer is because most people do not appreciate (1) the depth of human suffering caused by genital herpes and other herpetic diseases, and do not appreciate (2) that the technology of a live-attenuated HSV-2 vaccine capable of controlling and stopping the spread of herpes already exists.  Can we know if this vaccine will work without testing it in human clinical trials?  Of course not.  But that is not the issue.  The issue is, “Why aren’t we testing this potentially life-saving technology ASAP?”

A link to the petition is below. If you believe this important, please take a moment and sign it.

Thank you for your consideration of this request.

– Bill Halford

P.S.  For those who doubt that preventing herpes could save lives, I note that in too many cases, herpes and the associated pain drives people to suicide.  However, aside from this, the following note from a sufferer long ago help me better understand why a herpes vaccine is important.

I recently read an online article about your research into a potential vaccine against the herpes virus.  I wanted to thank you for your efforts in this field and, beg you to continue.  Society seems to reflexively associate the virus with promiscuity.  But, as I am sure you are already aware, this is not always true.  Some, after their marriage ended as a result of the rigors of graduate school, find out that their wife carried the virus, but never told them.  Such news can be paralyzing.  And it’s not just the fear that no one will ever want them.  That is a selfish fear. It is the fear that one could inflict that same feeling of shame and anger in another; which, in turn, prevents them from entertaining the notion of dating and possibly marrying again.

The virus may not be life threatening, but the emotional effects are nevertheless malignant.  It is not always secreted away in some back alley or brothel.  Sometimes it teaches Sunday school and gives money to charities.  Sometimes it practices a profession and leads a very healthy lifestyle.  And while its host participates in these activities, it authors silent words of despair and loneliness.  It wages war against the best days and amplifies the worst.  I ask of you two things: first, that you would keep the origin of this email absolutely confidential; and secondly, that you not give up in your pursuit for a vaccine.  It does matter.  It is important.  And it could very well save lives, in every possible sense of the word.”

-Anonymous

30 thoughts on “Please consider signing a petition to get me a moment with Congress

1. Rylee says:

Dr. Halford,
    I agree, matter of fact I know this virus causes people to become suicidal. Daily, i pray and try to overcome thoughts that life isnt worth living anymore if this is the wwy it will be. This virus robs people of their health, self esteem, confidence and self worth . You feel isolated, like you feel Alone. Unlike High blood pressure, diabetes or other ailments, this isn’t one you can easily phone a friend or family member for health advice or just to vent- due to fear. Fear of rejection, embarrassement or even just “frightening” others. I have come to grips with maybe never being married and spending my life alone. As devestating as that is, I can handle it. What makes it too much to bear is the physical pain along with accepting being alone. Physical pain inspire of being on daily meds. Daily pinching, burning, stabbing pains in one of our most delicate, sensitive body areas. There are days I just want to give up. I don’t want to be one of these people that are still on this blog, or any blog 5, 10, 20 years from now. How many signatures are required to get a spot with congress? Are our real names required? Many of us want to help, but don’t know how and are afraid. Afraid of being “outted”. Afraid that our “secret” will be out. We are parents, lawyers,Teachers, nurses, students, daughters, sons- ordinary people just wanting help. A second chance at life. I am so greatful for the work that your team is dedicated too. I understand you are one man, doing what you can. I know it has to get discouraging for you too. But please, we need you. Its time for a change. The suffering in silence needs to end.

• optimistic says:

All what would be the limit of signed petitions will it be a certain number & then it will be sent to congress or any talks will be initiated with them, I don’t know how this works. why don’t we reach out to Donald Trump now or any authorities to get this a momentum as well

• Richard Mancuso says:

One day, Dr. Bill will be famous. Ironically, its the one goal he didn’t really want but he totally deserves.

2. Dr. hyder says:

hello Dr halford ,
    thank u for your reply but the citation which u have given talks about hsv1 and it’s latency .. whereas hsv 2 establishes latency in the spinal cord .. what do u have to say regarding this?

• Herpes Vaccine Research says:

Dr. Hyder,

Are you really a medical doctor? You really think that the basic biology of HSV-1 changes whether it establishes latency in the trigeminal ganglia or the dorsal root ganglia of the spine? I note that HSV-1 and HSV-2 share 74 of 75 genes in common, and can infect the same sites of the body.

I am not answering your questions any more because they are just too dumb and uninformed. If you are a doctor, I would advise you return to medical school. Read a book and learn something. I am not Siri. Quit wasting my time.

– BH

3. Richard Mancuso says:

As one of Dr. Bill’s trial participants in phase 1, I cannot emphasize how important this petition is or the potential it has for not only helping change the stigma of herpes but also and more importantly, helping people get better. Dr. Bill has already proven his safety and efficacy of this vaccine, in the least to me personally and in the most important sense, on paper. It is the main reason I came out publicly as a voice for Dr. Bill Voice to others and let them know that this is real. Please sign the petition and help.

• AGLFH says:

Thank you for sharing your success Richard. Can you provide any information about how your headaches & the impact of the vaccine in eliminating the headaches or severity of them?

• Richard Mancuso says:

Hello AGLFH
        I would typically get headaches when I used to get HSV two on the side of my face are on my eyebrow Lucky for me they didn’t last very long . Ironically taking Valtrex would give me intense headaches. From the description I’ve given people they tell me that they are actually migraines.
        Since the vaccine I have not had any issues whatsoever. Also on the plus side I no longer need to take Valtrex or the generic version. This vaccine has been one of the best decision I’ve ever made. I hope that answers your question.

• AGLFH says:

Thank you for the update! I wanted to gauge the likelihood that the vaccine would help me! I have had these debilitating headaches, joint paint, & extreme vertigo after acquiring the virus in my mouth. Yikes! I haven’t had many good days in the past 3 months. Similarly, Valtrex isn’t working for my concerns. As far as not taking Valtrex; will you have to get shots again in a few years?

• Richard Mancuso says:

I honestly do not have an answer to that question because I cannot tell the future. Forgive me if that sounds crass or rude. To be honest, who knows. I may never need a booster for the rest of my life or I may need one in five years. I wish I had an answer for you but I can say I feel so much better now and if one day I do need a booster, I would totally be OK with that.

• Richard Mancuso says:

Hello followers and Dr. Bill, the the only doctor to ever make me healthier.
      I hope that I am posting this in the correct area but I just wanted to let everyone know I was a trial participate in phase 1 of Dr. Halford’s vaccine trial. I think it is important to state the positive effects of this vaccine and how greatly it has impacted my life. I see and read so many questions from people asking if this is real. I can tell you without a doubt that it is. It is the only reason I ever decided to go public to voice and back Dr. Halford’s efforts. More people need to come forward and be out in the open. It is the only way change can actually happen. I have had the opportunity to meet Dr. Bill on several different occasions and he’s not only brilliant but he’s also a pretty nice guy. Frankly I think he is a genius but he doesn’t like it when I say that. Lol
      Honestly I don’t think people understand the impact of what Dr. Bill has created or how it is going to change the world. I am most grateful for being a part of that. Here is the link to my public Facebook post describing my experience. I am actually a real person and my story is real. Thank you Dr. Halford for changing my life and giving me my health back. Sometimes I don’t think I say that enough.

4. Lesca says:

Dr. Halford, anyone who questions that prevention can be life saving should consider that preventing HSV in women can save the lives of their future children. Transmission during delivery has made me reconsider having my own children, which has had its own emotional impact. I hope to see a vaccine reach human clinical trials very soon.

5. Dr Hyder says:

I have genital herpes and my sores have healed after antiviral treatment.. If I have sex in future with a person with condoms and I don’t have active sores but I don’t know the hiv status of the person can i contract hiv even if I don’t have open sores and I use a condom ?? pls shed some light on this topic as this has been a cause of great anxiety for me

• Untouchable1 says:

You said you were a ‘Dr.’ In The Hippocratic Oath section on Dec 25th. Just don’t have sex due to shedding or live with the fact that you could possibly infect someone. Condoms do not cover all of the infected areas. Be patient and do your research as nothing is happing tomorrow. Let Dr. Halford do his job on advancing the vaccine and not answering basic questions that I am sure he has answered 100 times.

Thank you Dr. Halford for giving us hope for a better treatment.

• Dr. hyder says:

hello Dr halford,
        as we all know that hsv lies dormant in the spinal ganglia after initial infection and stays there so even if he have circulating antibodies to HSV after the theravax vaccine these antibodies won’t be able to permeate the blood brain barrier and as we know it won’t be able to kill the virus when it’s hiding there .. also our body doesn’t attack viruses in the central nervous system as the cells there cannot remember generate .. so how will theravax deal with this? does that mean theravax will only control recurrences and won’t kill the virus when it’s dormant ?

• Herpes Vaccine Research says:

Dr. Hyder,

You are misunderstanding a lot of critical facts. Herpes simplex virus predominantly resides in the peripheral nervous system……not the central nervous system. It has been documented ad nauseum since the mid-1990s that a chronic immune response occurs at the site of latent HSV infection, so the immune system is involved day-in and day-out with the control of this virus. A few citations include:

Given that a chronic immune response controls a chronic (low-level latent) HSV infection, that creates the opportunity for a therapeutic HSV vaccine to help.

Would be great if more doctors got their herpes facts correct and quit citing outdated bullshit ideas about the “blood-brain barrier” being relevant to chronic HSV infections in the peripheral nervous system, which is in direct conflict with scores of publications from the past 20 years.

– Bill H

6. Jesus says:

All please sign. I did and don’t forget to read all Doctor’s Bill Halford research documents. This man speaks the truth and his research is evidence of his life changing vaccines. I don’t want my children… OUR children to suffer in the future. Jonas Salk was the inventor of the polio vaccine and he changed the future for OUR children. And now is Doctor Bill Halford changing the future of our children with a herpes vaccine. Please support him.

7. Linda says:

Hi Bill,
    I think what you are doing is wonderful. I have signed the petition and read the letter of a fellow sufferer. Very powerful, and true
    I know your vaccine will help stop the spread of this virus, but is there a chance it would help stop or minimize OBs in those aleady infected? Or might that be something you may work on in the future?
    Thank you.